Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources
These resources are a few of many that will hopefully serve useful to you in navigating your journey.
United Way of Summit & Medina strives to be part of our regional solution to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community where everyone can achieve their fullest potential. We recognize the many challenges and factors throughout our history that has created and perpetuated marginalization and inequities across society as a whole and communities that we work, visit, and live in. We also realize the ever-increasing need and desire for individuals, organizations, and communities to build, attain, and facilitate resources to begin and fulfill their DEI work.
Glossary of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Terms
As the dialogue around diversity, equity and inclusion grows, a common vocabulary is needed. Since language is continuously evolving, this glossary is not meant to be comprehensive, but is meant to promote dialogue by providing a basic framework around this conversation.
Glossary of Terms
- Black Fatigue: How Racism Erodes the Mind, Body, & Spirit by Dr. Mary Frances Winters
- Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People by Mahzarin Banaji & Anthony Greenwald
- Decolonizing Wealth: Indigenous Wisdom to Heal Divides and Restore Balance by Edgar Villanueva
- How to Be an Antiracist by Dr. Ibram Kendi
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
- Microaggressions and Marginality: Manfestation, Dynamics, and Impact by Dr. Derald Sue
- One Person, No Vote by Carol Anderson
- Race Talk: And the Conspiracy of Silence by Dr. Derald Sue
- Stamped from the Beginning by Dr. Ibram Kendi
- The Color of Wealth: The Story Behind the U.S. Racial Divide by Robles, Wright, and Brewer
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- The Racial Healing Handbook by Annaliese A. Singh
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- 13th on Netflix
- I Am Not Your Negro on Netflix
- Many Rivers to Cross on PBS
- The Color of Compromise on Amazon Prime Video
Other Helpful Sources
- Anti-Racism Resources – The Akron Devil Strip
- Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture – Equity in the Center
- Implicit Bias Association Test – Project Implicit
- Implicit Bias Review – Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
- RacialEquityTools.org – Core Concepts Page – Racial Equity Tools
- Ten Lessons for Talking About Race, Racism, and Racial Justice – Opportunity Agenda
- The Safe Zone Project – LGBTQ+ Educational Resources – The Safe Zone Project
In our community. With our community. For our community.
Invest where it matters
Your donation directly benefits the people of Summit and Medina counties.